Rally of the 7 Churches 29 May 2016

The latest Classic Car Club Mallorca rally took place on Sunday 29 May with 25 cars battling it out for the winner’s spot. It was a bright sunny day with many open top cars on show. The 90 km route took in such places as Calvia town, Galilea Puigpunyent and Esporles, through Palma and then onto Andratx.
The rally was well organized by Paco Jiminez and he chose a theme of clues linked to important Mallorcian historical figures. Paco set challenging questions for each of the destinations. For instance, we discovered, amongst many other things, that the first stone of the church in Puigpunyent was placed by Nicolau R in 1737.
It was well contested rally with 3 cars in third place! However, the winners were Robert and Jane Klevenhagen driving Jane’s 1981 Mercedes 380SL – congratulations to them for not only winning but also for being the only participants to correctly answer all of the questions.
Second place went to Dirk Mutters and Tony Leeper, driving a 1973 VW Beetle and Elmar and Irene, driving a 1969 Mercedes 280SL, were eventually given third place due to a more accurate mileage.
The rally finished in Andratx with a relaxing lunch at the Restaurant Can Paco. A special thanks to Paco Jiminez for organizing such a challenging and rewarding rally.